We had a busy week here in the classroom. We’ve been learning about water and boating safety from the Kid’s Don’t Float presenters, exploring different kinds of poetry, and on Tuesday we went to the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Next week is our field trip to go orienteering on Tuesday and to the pool to practice out water safety skills on Wednesday. Thank you so much to all our wonderful parent volunteers, I know the field trips get crazy this time of the year, but we could not have all these great experiences without you!
The last two permission forms of the school year are coming home today! On Monday, the 16th, we will be walking over to the Park Strip and helping the Anchorage Park Association plant some crab apple trees for Arbor Day. We may even get to meet the mayor! On Thursday, it is our end of the school year picnic at Valley of the Moon Park.
Also on Monday, the 16th, there will be a parent tea after school in the library to meet Ms. Tran and better get to know her and share with her any questions you might have about the upcoming school year. Registration is also open through the end of the month to register for the upcoming school year, please see the office if you have any questions. Thanks!
· Tuesday, May 10th, 9:20am-12:00pm: Orienteering at Bartlett High School
· Wednesday, May 11th, 1-3:30pm: Kids Don’t Float at West High School Pool (*We will need drivers for this trip, if you think you might be able to drive, please check in with the office and make sure all your paperwork is in place. Thanks so much in advance for helping with this!)
· Friday, May 13th, 2:00-3:30pm: Third Grade Presentation Celebration
· Friday, May 13th: Denali’s Gala
· Monday, May 16th 9:30-11:30am: Arbor Day Tree Planting on the Park Strip
· Monday, May 16th, 3:45-4:45: Parent Tea in the Library to meet Ms. Tran.
· Thursday, May 19th, 9:30am-3:00pm: Primary Wing Picnic at Valley of the Moon Park
· Snack Schedule:
Have a wonderful weekend!